Thursday, May 19, 2016

Fish & Game Quarterly

Poet's Chair, 2016

I'm sitting in the poet's chair over at Fish & Game Quarterly. The spring issue of this online publication is out today. I've just learned that my two poems in this issue are Fish & Game Quarterly's first poetry offerings. I'm honored. These are not warm and fuzzy poems, although one of them is titled Peaches, but they are dear to me.

You'll also find photographs from Inverness, CA, a remembrance of Prince, an essay about space and place written by a former bass player in the band Hole, digital art, a piece about the future of food magazines (there's hope!), even an instrumental track by a trio described as an idiosyncratic blend of dub, roots reggae, and spiritual jazz traditions. This and more are shared by a diverse group of contributors from New York to Bali.

Fish & Game Quarterly 

Enjoy.

10 comments:

  1. Congratulations Denise! As mentioned previously, I have little experience with poetry -- and often feel like the message is just out of my reach. This, mind you, is not due to the writing, but perhaps more how I read and process information. I read both of yours. Peaches put me into a place of uneasy vulnerability..that's the best I can describe it. The second...it just left me feeling uneasy. The power of the word. Your word.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I get the uneasy. Both poems reference difficult experiences. Thanks for reading. :)

      Delete
  2. Denise--Congratulations! I love your poems. Fish and Game is very cool. Thanks for the introduction. I look forward to reading more of it (and visiting the restaurant one day).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Denise---wonderful--your poems, and getting them published in Fish&Game Quarterly. excellent online journal. I have been following the F&G editor Peter Barrett's cookblog for a few years now.congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Nancy. I'm not sure if you've seen it yet, but Peter's piece in this issue is pretty great. I hope the packing is still going well. xx

      Delete
  4. Congratulations. I love reading your poetry.Both poems are quite poignant.

    ReplyDelete